Sunday 10 January 2010

"Nights a Brighter" - Breakerz, 2007

We have had loads of snow here in our part of England over the past week. As the temperature hasn't ever gotten much above the freezing point in that time, what little melting has occurred in the daytime just freezes over during the night. And because our district council hasn't yet done anything about the road into our cul-de-sac, John and I haven't gotten a vehicle out of our driveway since last Monday.

We've been told that we might get some more snow during the night tonight. I just peeked out the window to see if there was any sign of it yet, but there isn't.

But what I did notice is the brightness of the back garden, even though it's now dark outside. It isn't because of the moon, as there isn't much moonlight. And it's very cloudy.

What I'm seeing is simply the "glow" from all of the snow out there.

It's so beautiful. Nature gives us such wonderful presents, if we choose to see them.

Janet

4 Comments:

At 10 January, 2010 18:48 , Anonymous Jon said...

Looks gorgeous - you had a lot more snow than me!

 
At 10 January, 2010 19:11 , Blogger Lorac said...

One of the "nice" things about having snow. It is never really that dark!

 
At 12 January, 2010 03:21 , Anonymous june in florida said...

It is beautiful and peaceful. It's hard to find anything great about the extreme cold we have been having here, but it will warm up.With the extended cold the crops have been very hard hit and farmers are losing them.

 
At 12 January, 2010 17:23 , Blogger Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I am a Cleveland, Ohio native who just spent the last 16 years living in Florida. I now live in PA, and I can't believe how much I have missed the snow! Your backyard is gorgeous, I fully agree about life's "presents!"

I think you are a wonderful writer. You use such beautiful choices of words, I have really enjoyed reading your entries. I am new to the "blogosphere" and have just started my own blog: http://AnythingFitsANakedMan.blogspot.com. I would be so appreciative if you could take a look at it and offer any advice.

Either way, thanks for your post, here's to Winter Wonderlands!! Cheers!

Joan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home