Monday 28 February 2005

"Getting Better" - Beatles, 1967

Some of my colleagues here in Oxford have been a little slow to accept me, I think, even though I've now been in my job here for just over two years. But something special happened this morning, making me feel that it's getting better all the time.

Last Friday, as I do from time to time, I brought some chocolates back for folks in the office when I went out to buy some weekend groceries for John and myself. I've never seen a group of people go through chocolates as quickly as my co-workers here do. They are amazing!

Anyway, this morning, when I arrived at the office, one of the empty boxes was right in the middle of my desk, with a note sitting on it...written on a paper towel (or "kitchen towel", as they would say here in Britain). I've posted a snapshot of the note below.

I'm really touched. I'm not sure which one of them wrote this, and it doesn't matter. It means a lot to me. I'll be smiling all day because of this little act of kindness.

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home