Friday 25 February 2005

"Oh John" - Paula Cole, 1994

Last night, I attacked a stack of unsorted CDs in the living room, and I rediscovered "Harbinger" by Paula Cole. It's an old favorite of mine, and it rightly deserves being loaded onto my iPod...as I did immediately.

I was snowed/iced in yesterday and worked from home. But this morning, I set off a little before 7am for the Oxford park & ride lot that's the nearest to the village I live in. I took the Paula Cole CD with me to listen to in the car as I made the 14-mile drive. I hadn't listened to "Harbinger" in a long time. It was like rediscovering an old friend.

When I got to track #8 -- the title of this blog entry -- I had to smile. I discovered this CD right around the time that I met my John. It brought back great memories of first meeting a charming man in "North London"...someone who would later become the most important person in my life!

Oh John...how very glad I am that it's Friday and we are about to have a weekend together!

Janet


PS John, I've just noticed on Paula's website that she has a connection to Peter Gabriel, describing him as "My friend and teacher and musical hero..."!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home