Wednesday 1 June 2005

"Can't Turn Back The Years" - Phil Collins, 1993

There are two big stories in today's news that are making me feel very old.

The first is about "Live 8", coming up next month. I just cannot believe that the original "Live Aid" concert was 20 years ago. I'll never forget getting introduced to artists like Alison Moyet and Nik Kershaw while watching the UK portion of the "Live Aid" concert back in 1985, from my Houston living room. And who could forget Phil Collins' quick transatlantic trip in order for him to perform in both London and Philly in the same day!

The other story today is the identify of "Deep Throat", after all these years! I always figured it would likely be somebody I'd heard of before, but it wasn't. I think it's very cool that this mystery is finally solved...although many of the people who were important in my life when the scandal of "Watergate" originally broke are no longer around to share this story with me. That's too bad. It would really have been fun to discuss this revelation with them.

Now if we could only find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa, perhaps life would be complete! And maybe he knows what has happened to all of my missing socks and sunglasses and umbrellas through the years...

Janet

Listening To: Josh Rouse, "Nashville"

2 Comments:

At 01 June, 2005 19:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of us older friends are still around, however, and are as surprised as you are. J.H. can be found anchoring one of the goal posts at Giants Stadium.

 
At 02 June, 2005 09:30 , Blogger Janet said...

INTERESTING, Bronx Boy! Thanks!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home