Friday 20 May 2005

"Wash Me Clean" - k d lang, 1992

Sometimes the first thing you hear when you wake up in the morning leaves a very strong impression.

A few minutes ago, the first thing I heard on BBC Radio 5's morning program was about Saddam Hussein. It seems that one of the UK tabloids has just published a color photo of him in prison in only his underwear...and another of him washing out his own socks.

At first, this story made me laugh out loud. I even briefly considering going to a news agent to buy a copy of the paper. I wanted to see these photos for myself. Then I stopped dead in my tracks. We all remember those horrific photos of US and UK solders gleefully posing with Iraqi solders who had been placed in incredibly degrading poses. Does my initial reaction this morning make me no better?

That's a lot to think about this early in the morning. At least it's Friday.


Janet

Listening to: "Devils & Dust", Bruce Springsteen

1 Comments:

At 20 May, 2005 15:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to the Sun to publish photos like those. Glad you changed your mind about wanting to see them. Fully agree with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home