Monday 1 August 2005

"What's Going On" - Marvin Gaye, 1971

There's a lot going on in the news right now...

1. Very close to my heart is the news that Aunt Blanche got home to New Mexico just fine over the weekend. God bless her. She was wonderful company, and my house is certainly a quiet place now without her there! John and I can't wait to see her again in January!

2. Man, do the folks at NASA ever deserve a break right now! I'm anxious to hear more about possible damage to Discovery.
Here's a link to NASA's own coverage.

3. Needless to say, our news here in the UK is full of coverage of two major issues -- the
investigation of the London terrorist bombings and the latest from Northern Ireland. But there's another big story today as well. And it's tragic. An 18-year-old black student was murdered in a Liverpool suburb over the weekend. He died in an especially horrific way. These awful things don't only happen in America.

4. PLEASE tell me that Michael Owen isn't really going to Man U.....!
Hey, now I read it MIGHT be Chelsea instead. Now that would be fantastic! More to come on that story, then!

5. We've booked our tickets for our "wedding trip" to New Mexico & Texas in January! I hope the time continues to go quickly. I can't wait!

6. After years of hearing this as a rumor in the oil trading business, King Fahd of Saudi Arabia has now actually died. His successor is the former Crown Prince Abdullah. A BBC reporter has put together a very interesting piece about King Fahd, which is worth a read if you have a few minutes.

7. Good Lord -- Kinga's back! And I'm not talking about the Transilvanian flutist, either.


Janet

Listening To: "The Outsider" - Rodney Crowell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home