Tuesday 1 March 2005

"Give Peace A Chance" - Plastic Ono Band, 1969

Here's a little follow-up to "Birdland", which I posted on the 26th of February, about the white doves that make their home in the end of my house.

Early this morning, as I was leaving the house to walk to the bus stop in the middle of the village, I noticed that my white doves had all abandoned their cubby holes at the end of the house and were all over in my neighbors' yard. They were very noisily flighting around the neighbors' "bird table" -- a bird feeder, to my US family and friends. Some of the doves (the younger ones) were scrapping over which ones would get a spot on the table, and the rest of them on the ground were fighting over spilled food. I wish I'd had a digital camera with me, as it was quite a display!

So much for the idea of "peace doves", huh?

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home