Wednesday 3 August 2005

"Space Oddity" - David Bowie, 1969

I'm sure you can guess what I'm going to write about today, can't you?

Wow -- what incredible video we're getting from today's walk in space by astronaut Steve Robinson! I am so pleased that his mission seems to have been successful. I'm going to link NASA's internet coverage of the mission again here, in case you didn't see the link in my note of a few days ago. The video of the spacewalk that I just saw on the BBC's 6 o'clock news looks like something from a sci-fi film!

Now we all need to pray for Discovery's safe return to Earth, when the time comes.

Speaking of safe returns to the ground...thank goodness that all of the passengers escaped from the Air France flight which ran off the runway -- and caught fire -- in Toronto earlier today. As much as I fly -- for business and pleasure -- the scenes from Toronto's Pearson International Airport were really unnerving.


Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home