Tuesday 27 March 2007

"Can't Find My Way" - Lynn Frances Anderson, 2005

The morning fog was much worse in Oxfordshire today (see yesterday's entry). I figure that as I drove to the park and ride lot this morning, I could only see about 3 car lengths ahead of me and around me. I wish I could have stopped and taken a few photos, but I didn't have the time.

But to give you a feeling for the conditions early this morning, take a look at these local "fog photos" that John took around our village last December (and you can click on each photo for a larger image)...





That second photo is the turn I have to make onto the "A" road which leads to the park and ride lot and then eventually to Oxford itself. This morning, as I sat there at that T-junction, I couldn't even see those buildings on the right side of the photo!

I was certainly glad that my little Audi has great fog lights...and that I feel much more alert today than I did yesterday.

But I had to chuckle as I listened to today's weather forecast on BBC Radio Five Live. The weather lady said that the day would start out "misty, foggy and murky"; but once the fog burned off, we'll have a "cracking day".

Funny...we never had "cracking days" in Houston!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 28 March, 2007 20:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my mother-in-law visited Austin from Cheshire she was delighted that the weatherman showed the 7-day forecast graphic and proclaimed, "This week we have wall-to-wall sunshine." She'd never heard such a forecast, especially not in January.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home