Friday 16 March 2007

"Little Red Nose" - Otis Gibbs, 2003


This is one of my favorite days of the year in Britain. It's "Red Nose Day"!

I was completely unaware of Red Nose Day -- and the charity "Comic Relief" -- until I moved to the UK. According to their website, the first Red Nose Day was in 1988.

I won't bother to explain the charity, since you can read all about it (and how they use the funds they raise) within the links I've given you above.

Today, there's special programming all over the BBC, both on television and on the radio. Lots of organizations all over the UK will be doing fun things for charity. People are wearing their plastic red noses. (I'm not...although I'm wearing a red sweater ["jumper" in British English] today, to at least be a little festive!)

I've been looking forward to tonight's Red Nose Day television for weeks now. There will be lots of comedy programming...including parodies of serious TV shows. It's always loads of fun, and of course it's for a great cause!

So for my British readers, please open your hearts and donate generously to Comic Relief!

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home