Wednesday 27 February 2008

"Shake, Rattle and Roll" - Big Joe Turner, 1954

Good evening from Stavanger, Norway! I arrived over an hour later than planned this evening, due to weather-related delays in Copenhagen (where I had a connecting flight), so I can't send any photos tonight. I'll try to post one or two tomorrow or Friday. I'll only be here two nights. This one is a short trip.

But I wanted to write a quick blog item tonight about the earthquake we experienced in England around 1am today. Here's a link to BBC News' information about today's quake. It was the strongest felt in the UK in the past 25 years, and it was a magnitude 5.2.

Did I know what happened? No. Not at all. John said I stirred, but I didn't fully wake up. He did, though. and remembers vaguely wondering why things were rattling in our bedroom. We had no damage at all, although some of our artwork was a bit askew this morning.

I can't believe I didn't even know what happened until I woke up this morning! Obviously, I'm not yet over the jetlag from the Singapore trip, having just gotten home last Saturday.

Janet

2 Comments:

At 28 February, 2008 10:02 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

I also slept right through it, didn't notice a thing. Not like that one in Manchester a few years back. That felt like the whole house was picked up and deposited a foot or so further south.

 
At 28 February, 2008 22:34 , Blogger bronx boy said...

During my 5+ years in Alaska I experienced at least 6 quakes. The largest of which was 7.9 on the Richter scale. No fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home