Monday 18 February 2008

"Go East" - Pink, 2006

I'm back in Singapore. I arrived about 2 hours later than expected last night, after a series of delays at Heathrow on Friday night. I'm running two classes (2 days each) here this time. Because I don't begin working until tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, I've had a day to get some extra sleep and do a little snooping around the area where I'm staying.

This time, I'm staying at Traders Hotel in Singapore. I've stayed here once before, a few years ago, but I don't know the area right around this hotel as well as I do the immediate vicinity of the Singapore Marriott.

First, let me show you two photos taken from the window in my hotel room. I can't see much "Singapore"...this time, I have a more interior pool-side view. Click on any of the photos for a full-sized image.








I wandered over to the Tanglin Mall (connected to the hotel) for awhile this afternoon. I went to get some exercise but also because I stupidly forgot to bring a contact lens case with me. Don't know how I missed that one, but I guess it's always something.

Here's a shot of the interior of the mall. It's very pretty. But the shops in it are definitely geared to the expat and tourist communities, not locals.




In the mall, the name of one of the shops caught my eye. It's home-furnishings store. But given that it's patronized by a lot of foreign residents of Singapore, I couldn't help but laugh at the sentiment being suggested here...

Me, too, by the way.

I'll try to post again at least once more while I'm here.

Janet

1 Comments:

At 21 February, 2008 22:23 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

That takes me back. Janis & I stayed at the Traders when we were in Singapore. Have a good trip there even although work comes first.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home