Wednesday 6 February 2008

"Londoners" - Echohead, 2003




This evening, something happened that illustrates that these 5+ years living in the UK have changed my perception of the world.

Let me explain: John and I were watching a football "friendly" on TV between England and Switzerland, being played at the new Wembley Stadium in London.

Here's a shot of our TV screen during the match...



ENG stands, of course, for England. And SWI stands for Switzerland. But that's not how my brain read the three characters. I realized that I was interpreting the SWI as SW1 -- the beginning of one of the London postcodes...and a very prestigous one at that.

Here's a map of SW1...



Yes, I guess I've been hanging around London a bit too much in the past few years!

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home