Wednesday 20 August 2008

"Summertime, Summertime" - Jamies, 1958

So just what is a typical British summer anyway? (Image to the right is courtesy of the BBC.)

Until December 2002, I'd often visited the UK. But I'd never actually lived here. It's funny what you discover about a country - and a culture - when you settle in to live there yourself.

Upon moving to Britain, I soon discovered the major preoccupation with the weather here. And there's a good reason why. While I'd have to say that I consider the climate here to be fairly mild, it is very unpredictable. Very hard to predict. And that seems to be true more in the summer than any other time of year.

Rather than writing much more about it myself, I'll just refer you to a very interesting article about the British summer from the BBC's website.

Meanwhile, if you intend to be over here this time of year, be prepared to layer/unlayer clothing...and always keep that umbrella handy!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 21 August, 2008 04:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

Janet I swear the only other people more obsessed than the Brit's about the weather are Okies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home