Thursday 12 February 2009

"Roses Are Red (My Love)" - Bobby Vinton, 1962

Thursday used to be my least favorite day of the work week. Starting this year, though, it's not a work day anymore, and I now love Thursdays!

Anyway, I was reading some email in the living room this afternoon when the doorbell rang. It was a floral delivery - for me - of a dozen long-stemmed red roses! What a nice surprise! John said that he thought I would enjoy getting my Valentine's Day present early so that I could enjoy them on my days off before the weekend. How sweet of him!

So the enormous (and very beautiful) Waterford vase, which I received as a gift back in my oil trading days, has been put to exceptionally good use!

I wish I could post the aroma as well, as these roses smell really "rose-y"!

Janet

7 Comments:

At 12 February, 2009 17:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaatttchooooooooo!

:)

 
At 12 February, 2009 19:03 , Blogger Kris said...

THat's very sweet. Those are beautiful!

 
At 12 February, 2009 20:25 , Blogger essbdee said...

lovely! what a nice Thursday surprise!

 
At 13 February, 2009 15:08 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Lovely! You're a lucky woman!

 
At 13 February, 2009 16:47 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Gorgeous! I love getting flowers!

 
At 13 February, 2009 21:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need smell-o-vision or whatever the internet equivalent would be! But how totally excellent, I love the "thinking outside the box" gesture by not waiting for tomorrow!

 
At 14 February, 2009 01:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a thoughtful hubby you have, beautiful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home