Tuesday 20 January 2009

"This Is Where It All Begins" - Lenny Kravitz, 2000

I don't need to tell anybody reading this what an important day it is. It's Inauguration Day for the 44th President of the United States. Barack Obama will make history. And he's giving America - and the world - a much-needed sense of hope.

Perhaps this is the main source of the recent blues. I feel really homesick for the US today. Although I probably wouldn't have been in DC anyway, at least I would have liked to physically have been in my home country for such a historic event.

It's the first time since Bill Clinton's inauguration in 1993 that the new US President is the candidate I supported. That alone is cause for celebration in my book!

So today we say goodbye to "Shrub", and the world gives a big welcome to President Obama!

Good luck to you. You're taking over the reins of the country at a really difficult time.

Janet





1 Comments:

At 21 January, 2009 22:08 , Blogger Expat mum said...

Amen to that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home