Sunday 11 January 2009

"Baby's Love for Parents" - Raimond Lap, 2005

John and I recently bought a scanner for our study here at home, after wanting one for a long time.

During some of my newly-found free time, I started going through some unpacked boxes in our spare room upstairs. One of them contained some of my mother's photos, and the box hadn't been opened since she died in 2001. (My father had died years earlier, in 1987.) Some of the photos were so fascinating that I began scanning them.

I found a photo that I don't believe I've ever seen before. It's of my parents - probably taken soon after they were married, in the late 1940s. Here it is...


(Click on the photo for a full-sized image.)

I've been pondering what to say about this photo all day, as I'm quite touched by it. But I don't know what to write. Perhaps this is one time I should just let the photo itself do the talking.

Janet

PS (on Monday morning the 12th) - I've just realized that I posted this lovely old photo on their wedding anniversary...which I think was in 1947. I so wish that one or both of them were still alive to share the coincidence with me!

1 Comments:

At 12 January, 2009 17:37 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

What I'm struck with is how happy they seem. Photos from that era didn't always show such relaxed smiles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home