Wednesday 24 December 2008

"A Day in the Life" - Beatles, 1967

Happy Christmas Eve. everybody!

I know there are many, many people who are suffering difficult times as we approach Christmas. Among them are some of the good people of Blackburn, in Lancashire (England), who have been without natural gas for several days now after a gas explosion in that area on Monday. Something like 18,000 homes were affected by the event.

Now the good news is that gas supplies to some of the affected homes have been reconnected. In fact, according to a report on BBC Radio 5 Live this morning, about 4000 homes now have gas again.

So that takes me to the title song of this post. You can imagine what my little brain began "soundtracking" in my head, as I listened to this morning's news...

"...4000 homes in Blackburn, Lancashire...."

Of course, the homes were rather small. But they had to count them all.

On that note, I'll wish all of you a merry little Christmas. I'll be posting again, probably, on Boxing Day!

Janet

5 Comments:

At 25 December, 2008 02:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Janet

 
At 25 December, 2008 11:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Janet! We'll be watching Oklahoma! on BBC2 when my favourite Okie turns up to celebrate with us :)

 
At 26 December, 2008 19:42 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came here in a strange way. Anyway "A Day In The Life" is probably my favorite song of all time. I hope the folks effected by this disaster are alright.

 
At 06 January, 2009 15:32 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!

 
At 04 October, 2010 22:09 , Anonymous jennifer said...

Hi Janet, I read your blog for years and then time got away from me and I found I hadn't read it in about 2 years so....I've been catching up. That being said I was wondering if you could give me your take on natural gas drilling. I read this post and decided to see what you thought. I live in a small town in NY by the Delaware River and we now have a gas company leasing land left and right...they say it's not dangerous to our well water, but I've heard otherwise. Was just wondering if I could get your opinion on it. If you would like please email me at rjolsen95@hotmail.com as your in the engery business I thought you might give me some insight. Thanks so much.

Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home