Tuesday 9 December 2008

"Mis-Educating Me" - C Earl Campbell Da 3rd, 2007



Being involved in education - and having directly trained so many course delegates over the past almost-6 years - I've come to realize that many students leave school without grasping even the basics.

Sadly, I bumped into an example just this morning.

I had received an email from a website that my former high school uses to broadcast information about upcoming class reunions, etc. So I clicked on the link to the site just to see what was new.

On the site's home page, there's a section which features one school alumni member each day. Today's alumni was a woman who graduated around 1990, and part of her profile was shown.

Here is exactly what she had written regarding her current occupation:

Secritary / Recieptionist

Oh dear. I hope she regularly uses her spellcheck at work.

Janet

6 Comments:

At 09 December, 2008 14:05 , Blogger bronx boy said...

Oh were wud we be without spel chek??

 
At 09 December, 2008 21:26 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oops. Perhaps she was too busy flirting with boys back in grade 2!

 
At 09 December, 2008 21:29 , Blogger John Nolan said...

Perhaps she's actually a comedian?

 
At 16 December, 2008 12:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just finished my semeseter teaching English Composition at my local community college. It is fair to say that many students "edit" their work by using spell check to accept whatever the first suggested option happens to be. "I think you meant to use 'bonier' not 'boner'.

 
At 16 December, 2008 12:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needless to say, I too have left a misspelled word in my last posting for you to identify.

 
At 06 January, 2009 15:32 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
Personalized Signature:金陵热线棋牌游戏中心,名城苏州游戏中心,云南信息港游戏,彭城视窗棋牌游戏中心,江苏互联星空棋牌游戏中心,广西休闲游戏中心,安徽棋牌游戏中心

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home