Monday 8 December 2008

"Yellow" - Coldplay, 2000

I am very proud of my husby John today. It was the first day of his new job in Oxford!

Without revealing too much private information, I'll just say that John's working in IT for an especially interesting division of Oxford University. He'll be in an environment which, I believe, will really suit his scientific nature.

I had planned to find a song with "beginnings" in the title to mark the big event. However, something he told me this evening changed the direction of the blog title completely.

John was chatting away about his day as we were putting last night's dinner together. One of the things he mentioned was the wing of the university facility in which his office is located. Apparently, the sections are all color-coded. And John's office is located in what they refer to as the "yellow finger".

I couldn't help but laugh. It sounds like a comic sequel to the famous Bond film, doesn't it?

Janet

3 Comments:

At 09 December, 2008 14:07 , Blogger bronx boy said...

My Dad had a yellow finger - nicotine stained from years of smoking. Not quite as interesting as a potential Bond sequel!

 
At 09 December, 2008 21:32 , Blogger John Nolan said...

Chris - I'll drop you an e-mail to tell you why that's a curiously apt comment, and almost identical to what I said to Janet! :)

 
At 09 December, 2008 22:08 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Well done John. Pleased to see you got a job, especially in these difficult times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home