Thursday 20 November 2008

"Drift Away" - Dobie Gray, 1973

It's all I can do today to stop myself from blogging about "Sergeant-gate", but I'll try to suppress my amazement at the amount of press coverage it is getting here. There are enough other people writing about that particular topic!

I'd rather talk about being clumsy.

As one of the world's greatest klutzes, I had to commiserate with what has happened to NASA astronaut Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper during a spacewalk - when she accidentally let a valuable tool bag float off into space!

I especially chuckled at the understatement of what she exclaimed when she realized what had happened. She apparently simply said, "Oh great!"

I know the feeling. The difference is that my mishaps don't make the international news. Nor do they generally cost $100,000.

Janet

2 Comments:

At 21 November, 2008 03:35 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

I heard her interviewed on the radio tonight. She said the hardest part was climbing back into the ship and having to face the other crew members. I feel for her. Like you say, the rest of us get to make our mistakes in private.

 
At 25 May, 2022 14:31 , Anonymous Eugene S said...

Awesomme blog you have here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home