Tuesday 11 November 2008

"A Sinking Ship Full of Optimists" - Transistor Transistor, 2005

Do you remember that, just last week, I wrote about how I am an optimist while John is a pessimist?

Just listen to what happened in our living room, a few minutes ago. It's another example.

We were watching the BBC's coverage of the final voyage of the QE2 tonight. One of the BBC reporters commented that the QE2 is the most famous ship in the world.

I agreed - saying that if somebody asked me to name a famous ship, I would definitely think of the QE2 first.

When I asked John to name a famous ship, he quickly replied, "The Titanic".

Need I say more?

Janet

4 Comments:

At 12 November, 2008 15:16 , Blogger bronx boy said...

How about the Edmund Fitgerald? Very famous here in the Great Lakes area.

 
At 12 November, 2008 16:09 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

If asked to name a famous ship I'd probably go for the Mary Celeste.

I wonder what that says about me.

 
At 14 November, 2008 14:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you're absolutely right.

Me? Titanic. Sorry! :)

 
At 14 November, 2008 15:26 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then I guess I'm a typical pessimist too as I automatically thought "Titanic"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home