Wednesday 6 April 2011

"I Lost a Sock" - D Lang/M Gordon/J Wolfe, 2001

Several weeks ago, I noticed something lying next to the sidewalk ("pavement", as they would say here) near John's office. It was a single bright blue sock. A sock. How do you lose one sock? A jacket, maybe. Perhaps even your shirt, if you took if off on a warm day and hung it on a fence or wall. But a sock? How do you lose a sock and still walk around? Here's what I saw that day...


(You can click on any photo for a full-sized version.)


A few days later, the sock disappeared. I figured that somebody clearing the debris off the sidewalk probably picked it up.

BUT...then this morning, here's what I spotted, only a few yards from the original location...



So the mystery - and the workings of my imagination - continues. Is this the same sock? If so, how did it get there? Did it muster up its own energy and fling itself into the tree, or was it placed there by some do-gooder?

OR...is it actually the sock for the other foot?

Janet

3 Comments:

At 07 April, 2011 19:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

And how did he get his foot up that high?

 
At 13 April, 2011 13:16 , Anonymous S. Muff said...

Come on now. It couldn't possibly be the "other sock." Does the dryer ever keep two? Do we EVER lose just ONE sock? They have a mind of their own, me thinks. And the spot chosen in the tree makes perfect sense. Perhaps it's a "drip-dry." - Great picture!

 
At 16 June, 2011 12:51 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

Sock it to me...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home