Saturday 19 March 2011

"A Time to Hear (Who's Listening)" - Art of Noise, 2006


Something remarkable was happening at my house this afternoon.

It was a beautiful almost-spring day here in the UK. I was outdoors, sweeping up winter debris and sprucing up the potted plants around the house. And I was listening to the radio that I had brought outside with me.

Sounds pretty ordinary to you, maybe? Well, what made the scene remarkable was what I was listening to...and the radio I was using.

I have a new Pure battery-powered indoor/outdoor internet radio. And I was listening to KGSR in Austin, Texas. And what made the experience even more special was that SXSW is going on right now, and I was listening to live performances that KGSR was hosting from the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin.

How cool is that?

Janet

1 Comments:

At 22 March, 2011 02:21 , Blogger Martha said...

That would be very cool. That's the part of Texas they just can't take out of you. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home