Wednesday 16 March 2011

"Strange Brew" - Cream, 1967

As Lord Celery's readers surely know, tomorrow is St Patrick's Day.

Pico's Mex-Mex restaurant in Houston is one of my favorite places to eat when I'm back in town. I could kill for their crabmeat and shrimp enchiladas sometimes! But I don't think I've ever eaten there on the 17th of March.

Yesterday, I got an email from Pico's, featuring their special foods and drinks for "El Dia de San Patricio". Take a look at some of the offerings...and you can click on the image to see a full-sized version, to make it easier to read.




I have a few questions. Since when is sauerkraut considered to be Irish? And who in their right mind would order one of those strange drinks - green margaritas or the combination of creme de menthe + agave + lime? Yuck.

DO let me know if you go to Pico's tomorrow night, please, and tell me that I'm being overly picky here!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 25 March, 2011 22:39 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did not go on St. Patty's day, but we did think about it. However, aren't Pico's margaritas on the green side anyway, without adding more coloring??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home