Friday 4 March 2011

"Nobody Knows What's Going On In My Mind But Me" - Chiffons, 1966

Here's a little example of the way my brain works.

John and I did our weekly grocery shop yesterday afternoon, after his appointment at the Fracture Clinic at the Banbury hospital. (He broke a finger last weekend.) We thought we'd gotten everything on this list, but we'd missed something.

Both of us remembered early this morning that we'd forgotten bread yesterday. As I was going to make a stop at a supermarket this morning anyway, after dropping John off for his bus, it wasn't a big deal. But I didn't want to forget to add bread to today's shopping list. And that list was already in the car, in the shopping basket.

I realized about 15 minutes later that I was "soundtracking" the song "Baby I'm-A Want You" in my head, as I got ready to go. The song just played and played and played; for the life of me, I couldn't think why. I don't even like the song very much. And it kept playing, even as I was driving John to his bus pick-up point.

Then, as I pulled into the park and ride lot to let John out, he reminded me one last time to not forget the bread.

Bread. Good Lord. That's why the song! My brain was playing me a Bread song to remind me to buy bread!

Folks, this kind of stuff happens to me all the time.

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home