Monday 18 April 2011

"Sitting on Top of the World" - Mississippi Sheiks, 1930

Regular Lord Celery readers might remember that some time ago I took a photo of a ladybird/ladybug I found in our house, eyeing our jelly beans.

Well, this evening, when I was watering some of the plants in our back garden, I spotted more of them. They were perched on top of some cornflower-blue-flowering plants that were already planted in the flower bed when we moved into the house...sorry, I don't remember what kind of plant they are.

So I grabbed the camera to take a few photos. They are so beautiful, and I love how they are sitting near the highest point of each plant!

And if you'll look at the third photo closely, you'll see that there's a third little colorful girl/fellow on top of the bud as well!



Janet

4 Comments:

At 18 April, 2011 20:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh er (said in my very BEST English accent) and what might those two in photo number 3 be up to then??

;-D

 
At 19 April, 2011 20:29 , Blogger Janet said...

I agree. ;-)

 
At 19 April, 2011 21:12 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these the Seven-spotted Ladybug, originally from Europe? Do they have seven spots of black on the back of their bright red wings? No matter. 'Tis the aphids they be eating!

 
At 30 August, 2011 14:23 , Anonymous Philipp von Plato (philipp_von_plato@internations.org) said...

Dear Janet,

I really enjoyed reading your fantastic blog.
I like your interesting photos with the ladybug. I would appreciate if you accept that I print one out and hand it as a poster in my living room. Please let me know if you agree with that.

In case you are not already part of InterNations you are of course invited to join our network of selected members - just let me know if you are interested and I will send you a personal invitation.

I am looking forward to your response and would be happy to welcome you to our global expat community.

Sincerely,

Philipp

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home