Thursday 17 March 2005

"Just A Song Before I Go" - Crosby, Stills & Nash, 1977

In case I have any regular readers, I thought I should tell you that I'll be offline for awhile. We're going on vacation, as we say in the States, and on holiday as they say here. I'm really looking forward to reconnecting with friends in Houston and with friends and family in New Mexico! Perhaps there will be some tales to tell when I return...we'll see!

Meanwhile, the only good stories from this past week involve my time at John's house, while I was teaching in London. John's home is near the BBC studio and set where the series "EastEnders" is filmed. If you keep your eyes open while around town and at the train station, you can often see some of the actors and actressses from the show as they go to and from work. I actually saw two this week...one supposedly dead, and the other very much alive. John and I saw the actor who was just killed off (for the second time on the show) as the character Den Watts while we were on a Thameslink train out of London, and we even went through the turnstiles at John's local train station with him! Then, yesterday, I saw the young actress who plays Stacey Slater when I got back to the train station after my day in London! That's two "sightings" in two days -- a new record for me!

More as I can...

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home