Tuesday 3 April 2007

"I Can't Sing" - LaRue, 2001




I was in Boswells department store in Oxford during my lunch break today.

As I was looking for something (which I never found), I overheard the following exchange between two bored-looking clerks standing behind the counter -- and, by the way, Young Man #1 was British while Young Man #2 was American:

Young Man #1: Why are you working here?

Young Man #2: Well, because I couldn't ever get a band together.

YM #1: I didn't know you're a musician.

YM #2: Well...uh....you know....I'm really not.

I always had this dream of having a band. A really good band. You know, with really good vocals...harmonies and everything. It was my dream.

YM #1: Why didn't you do it?

YM #2: Well...erm....because I can't sing for s**t. And I started trying to find friends that could sing. I figured surely some of them could sing. But I discovered that none of my friends can sing for s**t either.

YM #1: Oh.


And at that point, I chuckled to myself and headed back to the office.

Janet

3 Comments:

At 03 April, 2007 18:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what were you looking for? Don't leave us hanging like that :-)

 
At 04 April, 2007 09:21 , Blogger Janet said...

Bronx Boy -- Funny that it's what I was looking for that intrigued you about this piece! You'll just have to wonder...

;-)

Janet

 
At 04 April, 2007 14:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo mean! Curiosity is awful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home