Friday 20 April 2007

"Two Sitting Ducks" - Danielson, 2006

I got into the Oxford office early this morning...before 8am. There was only one car in the "car park" behind the office, which (unfortunately) is the view that my office-mate Gavin and I have out our office windows.

But I got a little bonus this morning.

There, sitting on the tarmac, were two ducks. We're on the southern edge of central Oxford. There's no water around us, although the Oxford Canal and the Thames River (known as the Isis River as it flows through Oxford) aren't too far away. I don't know why in the world these two chose to hang out in such a weird location. And they looked very comfortable, too. I've seen a duck or ducks back there before, but it's been a long time.

Of course, once another car came into the lot about 15 minutes later, they both quickly flew away. But for a few moments, anyway, my usual mundane view was anything but!

And I had grabbed my camera just in time, too,...


(Click on any of the images for a full-sized version.)





Taken with the maximum amount of optical zoom.





This one was taken with the maximum amount of digital zoom, so it's a little grainy.

Have a great weekend, everybody!


Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home