Tuesday 1 May 2007

"O Green World" - Gorillaz, 2005

I was in London last week, running another training course in Canary Wharf. When I got around to filing my expense report back in the Oxford office, I noted something interesting printed on my taxi receipt.

Here's the front...

(Click on any of the images for a full-sized version.)


...and here's the back side of the receipt.


Well, this one is first -- a taxi company claiming to be reducing air pollution by means other than changing engines in their vehicles, types of fuel used, etc. Here's the link to the company named CarbonNeutral.

OK, folks, am I the only person who is skeptical about this notion of being "carbon neutral" in this way? I believe in protecting the environment, of course, but I'm not sure that this kind of thing is much more than a marketing ploy.

I'll climb down off my soapbox now.

Janet

2 Comments:

At 02 May, 2007 14:49 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make room on that soap box because I fully agree with you.

 
At 26 May, 2007 21:16 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Its all a BIG con!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home