Saturday 30 June 2007

"These Are Difficult Times" - Willie Nelson, 1971

Any of you who blog with regularity know that sometimes it's hard to be inspired enough to write. I guess I've been a little "blue" lately. And I haven't been a very good correspondent with friends and family either. As we get into a new month tomorrow, I'm making a vow to try to do better...despite my upcoming teaching schedule, which is a little hectic.

But I feel compelled to write something tonight. In case any of you don't know, the UK is now under its very highest state of terrorism alert.

Yesterday, two car bombs were discovered in London before they exploded. We've just heard on the news that unfortunately there's been a third car bomb -- this one in Glasgow, and this one went off.

I guess there was always the possibility of increased terrorist activity at the start of Gordon Brown's reign as Prime Minister. But I guess we also hoped we were being overly pessimistic.

These latest events aren't helping my spirits much. Neither is the fact that I'm headed into London myself tomorrow afternoon, as I'm running training classes there Monday through Thursday. But I won't be in an especially "touristy" area of the city, so at least that's good.

We never know where or when we're safe anymore, though, do we?

I'll get caught up with my Lord Celery readers in a few days, when I'm feeling a little more upbeat. Meanwhile, take care of yourselves and of all those you love.

Janet

3 Comments:

At 01 July, 2007 14:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Be safe and be alert while in London.

 
At 01 July, 2007 21:43 , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks, Bronx Boy, I did. And I'll be careful.

Janet

 
At 02 July, 2007 19:07 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hugs, Janet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home