Friday 30 May 2008

"Who Can It Be Now?" - Men at Work, 1982

This morning's walk from the bus stop into the office, here in Oxford, wasn't a normal one. There were police vans and other vehicles on standby throughout the area. And I saw a large number of Buddist monks...both male and female. (My two favorite scenes were the three female monks chatting away while drinking their take-away Starbucks and the handicapped female monk, in her wheelchair, being dragged down the street by a prissy little freshly-groomed Yorkshire terrier on a leash. I would have loved to have gotten photos of them for Lord Celery's readers, but it would have been too invasive to have done so.)

Somebody interesting must be in town, I thought.

Of course. I heard on the news last night that the Dalai Lama is in Oxford.

I'll keep a lookout for him today. But somehow I don't think I'll spot him in Marks & Spencer, my only planned destination at lunchtime.

Janet

5 Comments:

At 30 May, 2008 15:17 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

I've always loved the look of orange drape-y fabric - it might just cause me to become a buddhist monk some day.

 
At 30 May, 2008 20:01 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dalai Lama spoke in Madison for my husband's graduation, plus we saw him the night before in a public address (the first at the Kohl Center, and the sound system was terrible!).

My oldest daughter had a thing for him when she was twelve.

 
At 01 June, 2008 15:09 , Blogger Kris said...

My head must have been in the clouds because I didn't notice anything unusual.

I have noticed a small group of girls dressed in sexy black dresses with bright red shoes and red scarfs and carrying bright red suitcases all around town. I wonder what that is all about??

 
At 01 June, 2008 22:03 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

Damn! I missed those.

 
At 02 June, 2008 20:11 , Blogger Expat mum said...

BTW - that's my ring tone - "Who Can it be now". Used to love those guys back in the 80's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home