Monday 19 May 2008

"Listen to the Music" - Doobie Brothers, 1972

I am so proud of John this evening! He's doing something tonight that will definitely prove to him that he's getting back to normal (after his complicated neck surgery, last January).

Go see his blog posting today about the Ting Tings, a band he "discovered" early this year while watching an episode of Jools Holland's TV show on the BBC.

It's just not like John to have such an immediate positive reaction to a song, as he did to the Ting Tings' "That's Not My Name". And I totally agreed...finding that I soundtrack that particular song all the time.

So he's off to see them at Oxford's Carling Academy tonight. No, I'm not joining him. I just don't feel well enough to go. Using the other ticket is my officemate Gavin, a guy who loves live music and knows the venue very well. I'm sure they'll really enjoy the gig.

Go see the Ting Tings on MySpace, and try to see them in person somewhere near you if you can. And their first CD has just been released today.

DEFINITELY our "band of the year"...at least so far!

Late addition: When looking on the NPR website for a particular podcast a few minutes ago, I discovered a great article about the Ting Tings there. As our favorite Den Bosch waiter would say, "Check it out!"

Janet

PS I should finally be able to go back to work tomorrow. It appears I picked up yet another nasty bug last week. (Guess I need another vacation....)

1 Comments:

At 20 May, 2008 16:09 , Blogger A Novelist said...

I hope you are feeling better. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home