Thursday 17 April 2008

"On Second Thought" - Eddie Rabbitt, 1990

I try really hard not to find out the results of each week's "American Idol" program before John and I can watch the delayed broadcasts over here. But today I goofed and have accidentally found out who got voted off last night in the States. I won't write anything here, in case any of my UK readers would also like to be kept in the dark.

Despite not having the element of surprise, I had planned to watch the re-broadcasts here on the UK's ITV network...until I read that this week's guest artist was Mariah Carey. And all of the songs performed by the Idol contestants are her songs. Shudder...

OK. On second thought, that completely alters my TV viewing plans. I can't stand her or her music.

And I'm still distressed by what she's done to Elvis.

Janet

7 Comments:

At 17 April, 2008 16:17 , Blogger Steve White said...

I am so disappointed in you.... I look up to you as one with discerning taste in music. I must have been wrong all these years....

Steve W.

 
At 17 April, 2008 20:33 , Blogger Janet said...

Wow, Steve, I had NO idea you were such a Mariah Carey fan!

Oh...that's NOT what you meant????

Maybe you mean that you're disappointed that I actually watch "American Idol" -- and even worse, that I've corrupted my British husband so that he watches as well?

Janet

 
At 17 April, 2008 23:00 , Blogger Jodie said...

I feel the same, I was thinking those poor guys have to sing Mariah! However, the boys did much better than the girls : ) David Cook is from the Kansas City area so they have big "watch" parties all over the metro. He is my favorite.

 
At 18 April, 2008 09:46 , Blogger andrea said...

I always find out who got kicked off ahead of time, and it is never intentional. Stupid yahoo!

 
At 18 April, 2008 13:35 , Blogger bronx boy said...

Silvia absolutely agrees with you on MC's music.

 
At 22 April, 2008 23:25 , Blogger Kris said...

I was a bit disapointed with the choice of Mariah too, but the contestants sounded so good. I love my weekly American Idol!

 
At 24 April, 2008 05:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

I could not be more with you on Mariah! I devoted a whole post to her Diva ways on my blog, I also did not watch last week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home