Sunday 6 April 2008

"Snowin' On Raton" - Townes Van Zandt, 1987

Hello from the borough of Southwark in SE London!

We had an amazing amount of snow in our village last night...enough that I was very concerned, when I first woke up at 6:30am, that we might not be able to get into London today. But by noon enough was melted that the roads were fine, and here we are! John has come with me this trip, which is just terrific! I'm running training courses for the next four days, coming back home Thursday night.

I had planned to post some of this morning's snow photos but can't seem to get them to upload to Blogger this evening from the hotel's connection. So I'll post them later in the week.

Back to studying for tomorrow's course on trading futures contracts....so goodnight from London!

Janet

5 Comments:

At 07 April, 2008 22:51 , Blogger A Novelist said...

The weather all around the globe is just really strange. We are supposed to be having springlike weather but instead, it feels like mid-autumn! Hopefully spring arrives in your neck of the woods soon. :)

 
At 08 April, 2008 22:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had lots of snow too. It was great wasn't it? My camera worked fine, just difficult to take photos with hairy, yappy dog yanking at my arm, but I got a few.

 
At 10 April, 2008 04:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

I spoke to family back home Sunday and heard all about the crazy snow! One good thing it never sticks around long over there

 
At 12 April, 2008 08:39 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

"trading futures contracts" - You will have to teach me about these one day. I have no idea how they work.

 
At 14 April, 2008 15:23 , Blogger Janet said...

Novelist: We're guessing that was winter's last blast. I love the photos of NYC Spring on your site -- beautiful! I always remember how beautiful the flowering trees are in Manhattan this time of year.

Sephe: Thanks for coming by Lord Celery! Your blog looks really interesting, too, and I've just linked to you.

Sarah: It was amazing how quickly the snow disappeared, according to the neighbors. I just wish we would have been staying in that day, so that we could have enjoyed it more.

MBK: I'll be happy to give you a quick explanation one of these days, if you'd like. They aren't that complicated...until you decide to try to make money or hedge with them, and then they'll drive you crazy!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home