Thursday 13 March 2008

"Thinkin' " - Steve Forbert, 1978

I left home for the Oxford-area park and ride about 6:45 this morning. I'm so tired of the traffic congestion through the village/town of Kidlington I have to deal with if I leave any later. As a result, though, the A-road between our village and Kidlington was very quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive, and I had some time to ponder the world for once.

For some reason, a quotation came to mind. It's been attributed to the now-deceased African musician and social activist Babatunde Olatunji, whose picture is on this entry. It's good advice...and I probably need it as much, if not more, than most people.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present."

Janet

3 Comments:

At 13 March, 2008 11:15 , Blogger John Nolan said...

Another truly inspirational post from the one and only Lord Celery!

:)

 
At 13 March, 2008 22:32 , Blogger Kris said...

Janet, we are super excited about the start of the F1 season, we've already got the race set to record (as you know it's in Australia and is on at 3 in the morning). Still, I can assure you that Miles will be watching it live at 3 am!
We can travel to other races, but we have to pay for our travel expenses. We are getting in free to the British Grand Prix and we can get in free to the races and even get discount tickets for friends. We think we may try to go to the Monoco race this summer!

 
At 14 March, 2008 17:34 , Blogger Expat mum said...

Ooh, I will try depserately to remember that and quote it to the next child who wines at me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home