Friday 7 March 2008

"Cast Your Fate to the Wind" - Sounds Orchestral, 1965

Driving home from work this evening, I was listening to BBC Radio 5 Live. They were talking about the possible severe weather event that's been predicted for early next week.

They referred to it as "Explosive Cyclogenesis". That's not a term I'd ever heard before, so I've looked it up. This article is probably the best I found on the web to describe what it means. Apparently, this weather phenomenon is also called a "bomb".

If the famous 1987 storm in the UK is an example of Explosive Cyclogenesis, then I have to wonder what we're in for next week....!

Have a good weekend everybody!

Janet

2 Comments:

At 08 March, 2008 09:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard this one too. I love the way Peter Allen doesn't pretend to understand or know about anything he doesn't understand or know about, IYSWIM.

Peter and Anita are fab presenters.

 
At 08 March, 2008 14:33 , Blogger Janet said...

Nozza,

I should have gone into a bit more detail about Peter Allen's presentation of the term. You're absolutely right about them. Terrific team. John got me started listening to Peter & Jane originally (it WAS Jane, right?), as he's also a big fan.

Hold onto yer hat on Monday!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home