Monday 14 April 2008

"Bagged and Tagged" - Vinny Miller, 2004


Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a song with "Tagged" in the title?

My blogger friend Expatmum (a British woman living in the US) has tagged me with an interesting set of questions. Apparently I'm supposed to answer these questions and then "tag" 5 other bloggers. So here goes...

What was I doing ten years ago?
Back in 1998, I was living in Houston and working as a crude oil trader for Total. My Westie, Mac, was 13. I had a wonderful friend named John living in Hertfordshire. I was just starting to wonder whether or not this friendship could ever turn into something more (and I suspect he might have had a fleeting thought about the same thing). John had recently made a trip over to Houston to see me, and we spent part of his time in the States visiting New Orleans. Mac and I had just moved into a townhouse-sort-of-apartment, and I was trying to get settled in as best I could. And John and I talked at least once a day and stayed connected via Yahoo Messenger and webcam, when we couldn't be together.

5 snacks I enjoy
Oreos, Goldfish, honey-roasted cashews, cheese popcorn, and Babybels.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Once I'd secured our future (paid off our mortgage, etc., etc.) and set aside money to travel with John, I'd try to figure out ways of anonymously helping people who deserve to be helped. Some of those would be family members and friends. Some would be total strangers. That would be the most fun of all.

5 jobs I have had
Babysitter. Piano teacher. Sales girl at Montgomery Ward (catalog store). Making music (piano and pipe organ) for people's weddings. Receptionist at a morgue in a Houston hospital (temp job, while I was in college).

3 bad habits
Saying "you know?" too much. Procrastination. Over-eating when I'm tired.

5 places I have lived
Going backwards from the present in Oxfordshire, UK: Houston - NYC (Manhattan) - Houston - Salem, Illinois - Tulsa, Oklahoma. (That's the entire list, by the way!)

5 people I want to know more about
My John (the most fascinating person I've ever met)
Ray Davies
Michael Palin
Nelson Mandela
Warren Buffett

NOW...who to tag???

How about...
John
Tamsin
"Milky Bar Kid"
"Blanche"
"Gnightgirl"


Janet

4 Comments:

At 15 April, 2008 03:19 , Blogger Expat mum said...

Very romantic story!

 
At 16 April, 2008 09:21 , Blogger Janet said...

Well, John has responded to the questions. If you'd like to compare the answers of the spouses in this mixed marriage (he: Brit -- she: American), take a look at:

http://lclb.blogspot.com/2008/04/im-it-apparently.html

Janet

 
At 18 April, 2008 12:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give it a shot!

 
At 03 May, 2008 01:28 , Blogger Mick said...

Ahh, Ha !! Another Palin fan.

As an expat Brit living in the far NE corner of Oklahoma you'll be delighted, or not, to hear that for Christmas I recieved:

Michael Palin Diaries 1969-1979
The Python Years

Yummie !!

Hey, nice blog. :-)

Mick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home