Saturday 26 April 2008

"Now They're Here" - Kate Jacobs, 1993

After all the times over the last 5+ years that I've brought Oreo cookies back to the UK from trips to North America (and Singapore, too), I will no longer have to. They're here! You can view the new UK Oreo TV "advert" here. (Note that they are "biscuits" here in Britain! You can read a blogger friend's comments about biscuits versus cookies here.)

And as additional proof, look what John spotted while we were in London last week...



(Click on the image for a full-sized version.)


John and I are off to the States on Monday for 2 glorious weeks of vacation/holiday! I'll try to blog from time to time while I'm back home. But in case I don't manage to do so, I'll be back in the swing of blogging mid-May.

Be good while I'm away!



Janet

10 Comments:

At 26 April, 2008 14:12 , Blogger bronx boy said...

With a large glass of cold milk! Save travels and have fun.

 
At 26 April, 2008 14:46 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Clint can't live without oreo's in the house; he gets the double-stuffed. He has to open the bag just so, so that it can be sealed back up just so...he's a fanatic.

Stopping by IL while you're stateside, by chance?!! Hmmmm?

 
At 26 April, 2008 19:57 , Blogger Janet said...

No, Gnightgirl -- just NM and TX this time. Someday, tho?????

And not Michigan either, BB, sadly. It's been so long since we saw you and S!

Janet

 
At 26 April, 2008 19:57 , Blogger Janet said...

No, Gnightgirl -- just NM and TX this time. Someday, tho?????

And not Michigan either, BB, sadly. It's been so long since we saw you and S!

Janet

 
At 26 April, 2008 20:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yey! Have a fab time and give my regards to Aunt Blanche. Say "Hello" to Alamogordo from me - and why not drop into the Applebees there for some fab service :)

Loads of love

Noz

 
At 28 April, 2008 01:42 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OREOS! Wow, how'd you manage without? I love those things.

Put Maryland on the list next time, too :)

 
At 05 May, 2008 19:01 , Blogger Unknown said...

At last! I can't believe we never had them before over there.

Hope you had a great vacation

 
At 08 May, 2008 18:49 , Blogger Mama in Chile said...

Have a lovely holiday! :) Say Hi to John for me!

 
At 08 May, 2008 18:56 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

You'll be glad to hear I did manage to remember to water your plants once or twice. (You know how rubbish I am at remembering stuff like that).

It's deadly quiet in our corner of the office without you. I look forward to seeing you again next week and hearing all your holiday stories.

 
At 15 May, 2008 17:21 , Blogger Kris said...

I just had Moo Moo's put oreos in my shake. It was delicious!

I finally understand the difference between cookie and biscuit, but only after several people I work with explained it to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home