Wednesday 18 February 2009

"A Little Bit Slow to Catch On" - Dolly Parton, 1968

As one of my American friends would say, I can be a "little slow on the uptake" sometimes.

I've been hearing sporting news reports over here for ages about Sir Allen Stanford. I knew he was not British but an American. I knew he was very rich. And I knew he was seriously into cricket.

But I never made the connection to the firm with questionable financial practices (to put it mildly...), Stanford Financial in Houston. Well, I have now, after reading all about it in yesterday's Houston Chronicle's online edition.

Oh dear. What an embarrassment for the England and Wales Cricket Board!

Janet

PS I just found some video about the Stanford Financial situation from TV station KTRK in Houston, the ABC network affiliate. Those of you outside the Houston area might like to see a bit of local news coverage from the 4th largest city in the United States.

1 Comments:

At 19 February, 2009 23:31 , Blogger Gone Back South said...

Hello Janet, I just wanted you to know that I love your blog name - Lord Celery - inspired.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home