Friday 10 September 2010

"Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)" - Temptations, 1971

My husband and I live next door to a Church of England school for youngsters...what we would call an "elementary school" in the US. I love our location, because the sound of the kids out in the school play area is wonderful and so full of life.

Sometimes, when I'm in the back garden or in my bathroom with the window open, I can actually hear snippets of conversation coming from over the wooden fence. "Conversation" isn't actually the correct term, though. What I hear is squealing, yelling, laughing, and the stomping of their little feet! That's what happened this morning.

I could swear that I heard one of the boys yelling the following:

"It's at minimum wage! I tell you, it's at minimum wage!"

I think my imagination is running away with me, don't you? Perhaps I've been watching too many business news programs on TV.

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home