Tuesday 12 April 2005

"We're In This Love Together" - Al Jarreau, 1981

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it means to love somebody...to be a "partner" in their life.

We can't solve all of their problems. We can't make their past go away. We can't make them happy when they feel bad...or sad...or hurt.

What we can do, though, is be there for each other...literally and emotionally. We can let them know they aren't alone in the world. We can help them confront and deal with their past. We can support them when they deal with their current problems. Most importantly, we can help them dream about the future.

Sometimes I believe that the older I've gotten, the more I've forgotten to dream about life in the future like I did when I was a girl. I don't exactly know when I gave up that activity, but it certainly happened. I guess that's what comes with the stresses and strains of everyday life.

John, thank you for your help in teaching me to have dreams again. And in my dreams, the future is, as Claudia has suggested, full of happiness, an interesting life, peace, and love...for us...together!


Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home