Thursday 23 June 2005

"Bye, Bye Baby" - Big Brother and the Holding Company, 1967

Sorry I haven't written much this week. I have some type of "flu". High fever -- aches & pains -- awful sore throat -- and an inability to stay awake. I've slept most of the past two days. But I'm feeling better this evening. And there's something I feel compelled to write about.

Tim Henman. That model of British sports heroism and strength. Perhaps I'm being unfair. I'm sure that Oxfordshire's own Timmy is trying his best. But I'm just not a fan of his. God bless him and his wimpy fist-in-the-air gesture. He seems unnatural when he tries to be macho. It's just not his "thang".

Tim lost in the second round of
Wimbledon today...to a Russian named Dmitry Tursunov. Tim played very badly near the end of the match, and the Russian showed a lot of class and resolve. The British crowd was devastated. I can certainly understand why. Maybe next year, then, Tim...yet again?????

But meanwhile, I didn't see it on TV myself, but I'm just reading that 18-year-old Andy Murray has defeated 14th seed Radek Stepanek in today's second round. That's terrific! There's still hope for British tennis in the future.

Janet

(Sorry...I haven't been listening to anything these past few days.)

2 Comments:

At 24 June, 2005 21:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Tim is good, he is very, very good. However, I think he puts himself under too much pressure to win the Big One!

 
At 24 June, 2005 21:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also - very glad you are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home