Tuesday 21 June 2005

"Counting Blue Cars" - Dishwalla, 1996

I'm back from Canada. At least my body is. I'm not sure that my brain has rejoined me in the same time zone yet.

John met me at Heathrow late Sunday morning, and was I ever glad to see him there! It was Sunday afternoon before we got back to my house. I napped for awhile, hoping to be awake enough to enjoy the live coverage on ITV of the Formula 1 race at Indy. I didn't have bothered. Because of a fiasco involving Michelin tires and the Indy course, only the three teams running Bridgestone tires started the race. That meant there were only 6 cars racing. What a disappointment for all the fans -- many who had spent a lot of money and traveled a long way to see the race. I felt sorry for them. I certainly understood the safety concerns of the racing teams, though. But what a mess. And what bad PR for F1 racing in the US.

And then, a few minutes ago, I discovered an automotive connection to today's date as well. It's the 21st of June 2005. I just noticed in my Palm's calendar that today is the 5th anniversary of the day that my fabulous Denim Blue 2000 Audi TT was hit by that stupid, irresponsible driver in a Houston intersection. He rammed into my TT in the driver's door at about 40 mph. If I hadn't been in a strong car with a side airbag, I'm not sure I'd be here today. "Fritz", as I had named my TT, saved my life...but sacrificed his in the process. I still smile any time I see a Denim Blue TT on the roads here in Britain. I'm sure I always will. I loved that car.

Janet

Listening To: "All Of Our Names", Sarah Harmer (just bought in Calgary)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home