Wednesday 6 July 2005

"Oh Happy Day" - The Edwin Hawkins Singers, 1969

This is a very happy day here in the UK. London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics! Wow! I thought for sure that Paris was going to win.

I'm looking at tonight's London "Evening Standard", and a couple of headlines have caught my eye. One of them is, "This is the best day London's ever had." The other is, "Thanks Mr. Chirac, you won it for us."

Enough said! Wouldn't you love to be a fly-on-the-wall when Tony and Jacques meet at the dinner at Gleneagles tonight? I wonder if Chirac will say anything nasty about British food when sitting at a dinner table in Scotland tonight?

Well done, London...and Britain! I'm teaching in London this week and was delighted to be there today to feel the excitement! My students and I heard the screams of surprise and delight today when the announcement was made, and that was very cool!

Janet

3 Comments:

At 07 July, 2005 16:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you were not affected by the terrorist bombings.

 
At 07 July, 2005 18:22 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'd love some reassurance that you're safe and well, Janet.

 
At 30 January, 2024 08:26 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

حاسبة الدعم والمقاومة أحد المصطلحات الشائعة في عالم التداول والاستثمار، ولا سيما فيما يخص التحليل الفني

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home