Monday 27 March 2006

"24 Hours From Tulsa" - Gene Pitney, 1963

OK, OK...I'm about to hit you with a bad pun. It came because of John's suggestions for the title of this blog item. So I'll blame him for this one.

I'm going to write about what represents "24 Hours For Tesco".

What do I mean? Well, lots of Britain's Tesco supermarkets call themselves 24-hour stores. But being a 24-hour store doesn't necessarily mean the same thing here as it would in the US.

For example, here's the sign currently posted at the entrance of the largest Tesco to me in the northern part of Oxfordshire. Now I realize that they have altered their hours slightly because of the "refit" they are undergoing, but I still had to chuckle at the opening and closing times. Click on the image for a larger version...



Hmmmmm....

Janet

1 Comments:

At 13 April, 2006 05:45 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's weeks since I saw this blog, and I'm STILL trying to get the words and tune to "24 Hours from Tulsa" straight in my head; it's been bouncing around there, not coming out right.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home