Tuesday 7 February 2006

"On A Bad Day" - Kasey Chambers, 2001

ARGH...

That's the word -- maybe it's better to say that's the sound -- of the day today.

It all started this morning, when I heard on BBC Radio 5's breakfast show that the apologetic Muslim protestor probably was so very sorry for his actions (dressing like a suicide bomber -- see yesterday's Lord Celery) because he was already on parole for a drug conviction. I'm sure I'm not the only one sucked in by his seemingly-heartfelt-apology to the British people.

Then lots of other things started going wrong, too -- including complications at work (the best being that after having my desk moved while I was away teaching, the large file drawer is now jammed and won't open...) AND, best of all, realizing at 4:30 this afternoon that I'd left my house keys by the front door at home (and John was in Swindon). Neighbors came to my rescue. But that doesn't really help my bruised ego.

Maybe an early night will...

Janet

1 Comments:

At 09 February, 2006 16:40 , Blogger Wendy said...

I hope today is better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home