Sunday 25 December 2005

"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" - Judy Garland, 1944

I hope that all of you are having a Christmas Day as nice as ours!

I'll just let my all-time favorite secular Christmas song say everything that I'd like to say...but sadly, I don't have the command of such eloquent words...

Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
Let your heart be light.
From now on our troubles will be out of sight.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
Make the Yuletide gay.
From now on our troubles will be miles away.
Here we are as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.
Through the years we all will be together,
If the Fates allow.
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

(Note I've used the revised, less melancholy "Sinatra" lyrics.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS...or HAPPY CHRISTMAS, as they say here in the UK!

Janet

3 Comments:

At 26 December, 2005 05:27 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's probably Dec. 26 where you are, but I have 34 minutes left to Dec. 25, and thus still time to wish YOU a Happy Christmas!

Hope it was wonderful, Janet!

--Lori

 
At 26 December, 2005 15:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Santa brought you everything that you wanted.

 
At 26 December, 2005 18:27 , Blogger Wendy said...

Happy Christmas! Thanks for the lyrics - such a nice sentiment :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home