Monday 19 December 2005

"Time of the Season" - Zombies, 1969

John and I aren't the only ones with marriage on our minds these days. There's definitely something going around.

Today, my dear friend Clara has just announced to the world that she's also getting married! I'm just thrilled for her...and we can't wait to meet the lucky fellow! And three of my high school friends have gotten married in the past year -- two of them to each other!

I think it's wonderful that we're all showing the world that you don't have to be really young to fall in love. In fact, I highly recommend finding the love-of-your-life when you have enough life experience to realize (and appreciate) what a treasure you've discovered.

That's how I feel about John. And we'll tell the world how we feel about each other in just under two weeks. Woweeeeee...just writing that gave me goose bumps!

Janet

5 Comments:

At 19 December, 2005 23:34 , Blogger Wendy said...

Two weeks!? Mazel Tov! I wish for you everything you wish for yourselves....

 
At 19 December, 2005 23:41 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the lucky one - I didn't have to wait long before I found the right girl - we will celebrate 41 years married on Jan. 23rd. I am very happy for Clara.

 
At 20 December, 2005 04:03 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Congratulations ahead of time; I'm so happy for you both...and I KNOW you'll post a photo, yes?

 
At 20 December, 2005 12:09 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

WOW, you kept that one a seceret. There must be something in the air! Anyway, a big congratulations in advance. Hope it all goes well on the day.
kindest regards, Iain and Janis Cameron

 
At 20 December, 2005 20:46 , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks, everybody!

Wendy: We can't believe it's only two weeks either - YIKES!

Bronx Boy: YOU are one of the lucky ones...and knowing your lovely lady, you are correct! 41 years...WONDERFUL!

Gnightgirl: You know what? We're even taking a laptop with us on the trip, as we would very much like to post a photo or two while we're away. There are a lot of people who would like to be there with us but can't, and we'd like to post at least a few photos before we get back to the UK.

AND Milky Bar Kid: It hasn't been a secret -- you must have missed some of the previous entries, as I've been talking about it since we got engaged in March. HOWEVER, as I know people have better things to do than to read all of my words (HA HA!), thanks so much for the kind comments! We're very excited!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home